Email Kathy Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) today to convert your print copies to e-edition! NIE_e-edition
The BDN is very excited to announce the launch of our new e-edition. Try it out and convert your print newspaper order to e-access — it’s easy-to-use, green and a convenient way to see the print edition of the BDN wherever you are! Email Kathy Cook (email@example.com) if you are interested in switching your classroom [...]
The NIE Teacher Blog is a new feature on the NIE Institute’s BDN Resources Page: http://www.nieteacher.org/nienie/ You can go to the BDN subscriber website and sign up for the NIE Teacher Blog. The sooner the better with the first post being sent next week! Hope this is a valuable resource you can use!
With two solar eclipses, two lunar eclipses, and a Venus transit, 2012 was quite the year for drama in the skies. This article sticks to the solar eclipses and explains our good lunar fortune. NASA’s Space Place – Eclipses
The time is here! The 2013 NIE Student writing and cartoon contest has officially begun. We will once again have prompts for all grade levels in both writing and political cartoon drawing. Please read the introductions carefully and know that all entries are due by February 8th. Again we will be offering a scholarship for [...]
We are carbon-based life forms. Carbon is a major part of our ecosystem. But have you ever considered how mobile a carbon atom can be? Follow one around in this month’s article. NASA_Space_Place_12-12
Greeting all, I hope that you all having a great summer. I wanted to let you know that we are having a great summer of fundraising here at the BDN. Between the generous donations from businesses all over the region and the money we raise doing parking at the Bangor Sate Fair and the American [...]
Congratulations to all the winners and students who entered this years contest. To view all the entries please click here.
Hi all, Just a reminder that the student supplement and writing contest is well under way. Deadline for entries is February 17th. I am attaching the form to this e-mail in case you have not seen or downloaded it yet. Please remember that there is a total of $5,000 in sponsorship money that is awarded [...]
The time is here! The 2012 NIE Student writing and cartoon contest has officially begun! We will once again have prompts for all grade levels in both writing and political cartoon drawing. Download the entry form here 2012 Student Supplement or click on the link at the upper left hand column of the page. Please [...]
- KVCC propane and natural gas courses scheduled December 9, 2013Fairfield, ME – Kennebec Valley Community College (KVCC) will offer a series of new non-credit, technician-level propane and natural gas courses beginning in January 2014. The propane and natural gas courses at KVCC are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to pursue licensure and certification as … […]Jon Humphrey
- Rockland area school board to resume closed-door meetings Thursday evening December 9, 2013ROCKLAND, Maine — The Rockland area school board has scheduled another closed-door meeting for 6 p.m. Thursday. The meeting originally was posted to be about a personnel matter but the district sent out a revised agenda Monday afternoon saying it would be with the board’s attorney to discuss the board’s … […]Stephen Betts
- Junior Achievement of Maine Titan Challenge 2014 December 9, 2013FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Michelle Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 9, 2013 Junior Achievement of Maine gearing up for 8th Annual Titan Challenge Junior Achievement is gearing up for the 8th Annual JA Titan Challenge on Wednesday, February 12, 2013 as part of Maine Entrepreneurship Week. All Maine High Schools … […]Michelle Anderson
- Beal College to launch entrepreneurship program in hopes of sparking more Maine startups December 6, 2013BANGOR, Maine — Beal College unveiled on Friday a series of programs that college officials believe could spark new businesses in Bangor and beyond. The school is preparing to launch three new concentrations for its business management associate degree program: business administration, marketing and sales and entrepreneurship. Maine Gov. Paul … […]Nick McCrea
- Former Gov. McKernan defends embattled Common Core standards at education conference December 6, 2013PORTLAND, Maine — Former Maine Republican Gov. John “Jock” McKernan Jr. used his keynote address at a heavily attended education conference Friday to defend the Common Core education standards, which have been under attack recently by some Maine conservatives and parents. McKernan, who is now the president of the U.S. … […]Christopher Cousins